On behalf of our customer in Switzerland we are looking for an experienced GNC and Autonomy Engineer.
- Long-term 6+ months contracts with further extension.
- Good rates, ongoing needs.
- EU Nationals ONLY.
- English is required (both spoken and written).
- Good location: Switzerland.
Research and development of guidance, navigation, and control systems, including engineering for design, execution, and analysis of tests in both simulation and flight. The candidate must be accomplished in one, and have extensive experience in several more of the following technical areas: flight controls, route & trajectory planning, estimation, image-processing, ROS, OMS, or FACE open-systems architectures. Strong skills in Simulink and Stateflow, especially auto-coding from these, are desired. The qualifying engineer will be an aerospace, electrical, electronic or mechanical engineer with proven ability to develop and implement algorithms and software for one of the aforementioned areas. Our culture is perfect if you are a dynamic, team players with an entrepreneurial spirit and unrelenting can-do attitude.
- Conduct research, analysis, and simulation experiments in estimation and control, guidance of flight vehicles, path planning, and integration of GNC with autonomy.
- Conduct design activity according to System/Subsystem requirements
- Support transition from simulation to flight-qualified code using Simulink tools.
- Support flight software production and integration
- Plan and support system/subsystem testing in software/hardware integrated environment (SIL-HIL
- Support flight test execution, documentation, and data analysis.
- M.S. graduate in aerospace, mechanical, or electronic engineering with an aerospace controls emphasis, or similar Ph.D.
- At least 3 years of industry experience.
- Experience with dynamic modeling of helicopter and/or fixed-wing dynamics, as well as stability and control analysis.
- Experience with classical and advanced estimation and control concepts and methods.Industrial design experience using model-based approach (MATLAB/Simulink, SCADE).
- Strong English language skills (spoken/written) are required.
- Citizen of Switzerland or EU/EFTA country
- Knowledge of the aeronautical standards for system and software development
- Strong C and C++ software development skills, especially in a Linux environment.
- Experience with test planning and execution.
- Experience with unmanned systems development.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6+months, ongoing.
Location: Luzern, Switzerland.
If interested in the role of GNC and Autonomy Engineer then please register on our CRM system.