We are looking for Embedded Software Designer to work in Brussels.
- The mission is to support the development of critical aerospace actuation systems. Some of the electronics are controlled by an in-house processor, on which runs a software to be developed.
As an embedded software designer, you will be in charge of:
- Participating in architectural trade studies;
- Define and apply development standards (in the frame of ECSS or DO-178)
- Writing software documentation.
- Implementing feedback control algorithms and safety/monitoring functions on a target processor;
- Taking an active role in the preliminary tests to eliminate bugs;
- Support formal test activities for software validation;
- Participate to formal test activities of other equivalent software.
- Deep knowledge of C.
- Eclipse development environment.
- Knowledge of assembly is a plus.
- Knowledge of some communication bus protocols is a plus (SPI, 1553, µAFDX …).
- Knowledge of C++.
- Basic knowledge of electronic design.
- Knowledge of Matlab Simulink is a plus.
- Knowledge of SCADE is a plus.
- Five year experience in embedded software for critical applications (this means application which will endanger the lives of people or expensive installations in case of failure).
- An experience in aerospace development is a plus.
- A practical knowledge of DO-178 (and possibly DO-254) is a plus.
Travel: Short missions in Europe.
Languages: English required. French or Dutch is a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12+ months, long-term